YOUTH COUNT is calling the Government of Canada to make a commitment to:
- Providing Canadian youth with quality programs and activities that will enable them to actively engage in Canada's social, economic and cultural development.
- Adopting a national youth service policy that would provide the framework and long-term funding to create, implement and support programs that provide Canadian youth with meaningful youth service and civic involvement opportunities.
- Focusing on actively helping sectors of Canadian society that are in the most need of help.
- Providing youth service programs that promote the personal development of young Canadians.
- Acknowledging that youth service programs are important vehicles for young people and form the basis for attaining future personal, educational and professional goals.
- Promoting programs that foster citizenship skills through a civic education.